To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 2:34 PM
Subject: [WSG] webpatterns and patternquiz

Hi all,

Some of you might have read my recent article, WebPatterns and
WebSemantics

http://westciv.typepad.com/dog_or_higher/2005/11/webpatterns_and.html

In a nutshell, a pattern is a "a problem which occurs over and over
again … and … the core of the solution to that problem". When we
build sites, unconsciously we use patterns all the time - it's just
very little work has been done trying to capture and document them.
That's what I've started http://webpatterns.org to do.

The first big step here is the "PatternQuiz"

http://webpatterns.org/wordpress/?p=4

the aim of which is to explore existing patterns in web development.
I've started with site level patterns.

I'm really interested in the thoughts of all developers about the
patterns which we use, so if you have a moment please come along, and
contribute your thoughts and experience

john

John Allsopp

style master :: css editor :: http://westciv.com/style_master