Andrew Cunningham wrote:
Jixor - Stephen I wrote:
To me small would imply of less importance, like a side note. if you just want text to be smaller for design purposes it shouldn't be in a small

would that imply big is more important?

HTML5, rather than defining a new semantic equivalent, endows <small> with semantics post-facto (as they've done with a few other such instances). Not saying that I agree with that, and not saying that this should influence the choice to make *today* using HTML 4.1 (or XHTML 1.x).

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/