Joe Chiang wrote:

Perhaps, implement something like 'sticky sidebar' or 'position fixed' to present the 'Return to top' link rather than adding it after each section is another option I look favourably at. Obviously, I need to work out on IE6 for this. http://www.derekallard.com/blog/post/conditionally-sticky-sidebar http://www.nowcss.com/javascript/emulating-position-fixed-in-ie-6-below

Any thoughts?

I collected my thoughts on 'fixed' here a couple of years ago...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_15.html>
...and used IE-expressions to enhance my home and ToC pages in IE6 for
quite a while...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/main-en.html>

IE-expressions, complete with the "jerkiness fix", creates a good
illusion, but they rely on script-support as much as any other script
and do put a load on computer resources over time. Apart from that they
can be made to work better that the real 'position: fixed' since one can
conditionally manipulate both axis independently.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no