Francesco Montorsi wrote:
I only saw a gray background on the logo, maybe because of old browsers.
But still i think there is to much in it. A logo for me needs to abstract
without text.
I don't agree. Take as example, wxWidgets logo, wxPython logo, apache logo, etc. There are a lot of examples of logos with text. I think only most important OSS can avoid the text in the logo: linux, gnu, few others maybe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo

I think next must be minimal, that does not mean that on the top of the page it can not be mentioned. But being part of the logo is something else.

Without the text, if the user sees the logo but he doesn't know the project to which that logo refers, your projects does not get advertised! ;)
If you think wxLua should in it, why not combine it with the word lua in the lua logo. Like putting just Wx behind the drawing or in front of the word lua somehow.

So only the drawing part. And there i see the lua logo, which is i think a moon in front of the earth. And those two are orbiting wxWidgets. While i understand the lua logo, meaning lua is meant to orbit applications. This is idea is duplicated in the second circle.
sorry - which second circle?
I meant the second orbit. Moon around the earth is the first, the circle is those two around wxWidgets.
"Easy power" i think should be removed,
why? it's a nice slogan I'd say... Python has the "batteries included" slogan. We have "Easy power". We are clearly the winners :D
I have the feeling it is not clear what a logo is. To me it can have text, but very little.
Like at the buttom of this page http://www.wxpython.org/
Slogans should not be part of it.
 >and the "wxLua" in it, is a replication of what is in the drawing.
my teachers were used to say "repetita iuvant" ;)
also, people may not always look at the logos very carefully: some of them may not infer from the logo (if there were no text) that it's the wxLua logo.
With wxLua written there, there's no problem
Oke, but somehow integrate it with the drawing in artistic manner.
Your turn to critici the old one :-)
well, I think we already strived to put there the most antialiased version - and it was not looking so antialiased after all.
No that is not the case. I attached two which are already much better, and where still on my disk.
Plus the new one is SVG based and thus can be used at any resolution without loosing details.
What we have in illustrator format and can be saved in svg if you want.
And yes, the text is for me an advantage over the old one :)
It's a matter of tastes obviously.

Let's see what others vote.
Fine,

Klaas