On 12/19/06, Francesco Montorsi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If you just copy wxlua_mswXXX_lua.lib to lua5.1.lib the luamodue works.
> I was aware - it should be fixed now as our lua library is now named
> lua5.1 and creates an interpreter called exactly "lua".
>
> This is more coherent I think from the previous situation where the lua
> libraries are called lua5.1 (because the lua module _must_ be linked
> against a DSO called exactly lua5.1) but then the interpreter were
> called "wxlua-lua".

Ok, another problem, using VC 2005 and batch build it's puts Debug DLL
Multilib lua5.1.dll into lib/vc_lib not lib/vc_dll. See
modules/build/msw/modules_mod_lua.dsp

!ELSEIF  "$(CFG)" == "mod_lua - Win32 DLL Debug Multilib"
# ADD LINK32 /nologo /dll /machine:i386
/out:"..\..\..\lib\vc_lib\lua5.1.dll"
/implib:"..\..\..\lib\vc_lib\lua5.1.lib"

> Now installing wxLua you get installed also a vanilla lua5.1 using all
> standard names. And since it's now available a USE_SYSTEM_LUA option to
> disable the built-in lua, I think this is the best we can do.

Great.

> > By the way, is there a way to combine all of wxWidgets and wxLua into
> > the wx.dll?
> no easy ways I'm aware of. To get a single DLL with all wxWidgets and
> wxLua we'd need a giant library which contains all wx sources and wx lua
> sources.
>
> IIRC there was a system, maybe with borland, to merge different DLLs
> into a single one. I'll have a look at it.

I found a program that sounded like it might work by googling, but it
had a commercial license, I forget what it was.

> Anyway I don't think it's a problem but rather a (small) advantage:
> instead of a single huge DLL we have a smaller set of DLLs and with a
> bit of luck, when we run a wxLua app, some of them may be already loaded
> in the RAM by other processes, thus allowing for the OS to avoid to load
> all the DLLs from hard disk.

Fair enough.

> > I had to copy all of the dlls from
> > wxWidgets/lib/vc_dll/*.dll and the sample/luamodule.wx.lua into the
> > dir that I ran $wxlua-lua.exe from.
> I know. that's why I created copy-dlls.bat but now that we use different
> dirs for different builds also for bin\*.exe that script is not so useful...

Heh, I added some really ugly batch file code to genwxbind.bat to get
it to work for a few cases.

Ahh... what about this? After a build you copy the bin/[build]/*.exe
to just bin/*.exe and overwrite them. The originals still would exist
in the build dir. Is this easy to do or even make sense or would it be
too confusing?

Regards,
    John Labenski