* On 3/25/19 2:10 PM, Ulrich Sibiller wrote:
> For testing you could try without ssh-agent or with the one of the current
> openssh.

Sure, that's the quickest workaround... I just switched to no-agent auth for
testing.

Naturally, though, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem with the current
master version. Everything was working fine as far as the keyboard was
concerned.

It might be related to that commit, but I don't know. ctrl->num_groups is
obviously zero in XkbAdjustGroup()/xkbUtils.c, but I have no idea what that
actually means. The code in question does look a bit shady (for instance, it
checks for group >= ctrls->num_groups and later might set group %=
ctrls->num_groups, which obviously is a bad idea if both group and
ctrls->num_groups is zero, but I have the suspicion that that should never have
been the case in the first place.

I don't know what "groups" are in this context neither.

I somehow doubt that commit caused the problem, though. If the clone mechanism
works fine, that change shouldn't cause any problems. There's probably no harm
in cloning the config, even though we later sync up using xmodmap (other than a
race condition, i.e., there MIGHT be a problem if we first sync up using xmodmap
and then nxagent changes the whole keyboard settings again).

Seems to be yet another weird problem that can only be reproduced with user
accounts from NIS, but I have no idea why that might be. As far as I remember,
Roberts home directories are not even coming via NFS so the home dir should be
available at the time nxagent/x2goagent starts and - in that case - tries to
block keyboard file creation by making a directory. However,
nx-libs-3.5.99.18-0.0build1.0.git20190208.3237.heuler.fc29.x86_64 is quite old
and I recently synced the master branch up with Arctica Project's master branch
again, which means that it has 3.5.99.19 + the last two commits on top of it.
Maybe it's worthwhile to retest with that.

I'm wary of releasing 3.5.99.19 to X2Go land, though, since I did notice a
different problem in my test of an XFCE session on a Devuan Unstable machine:
for some reason I didn't have xfce4-terminal installed and the default terminal
application was set to qterminal. That started up, but only worked for a few
seconds, after which it froze up. x2goagent/nxagent used 100 % of one CPU thread
at that point and even after killing qterminal it continued to do so for a few
minutes, after which it settled down with occasional 100 % CPU spikes (but it
does that without having ever started qterminal, too, so I won't worry about it.
My machine's test CPU is a pretty bad one - Intel Atom 1.8 GHs).

Hopefully that's not a general problem with Qt5 applications?

Mihai