Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>  - Is there an increase or decrease in application performance
>    when using the xcb-ified libX11?

Looks like the latest git commits fix a big performance drop:

> Furthermore, the handoff approach provides great improvements to performance.
> Results from x11perf's XNoOp test, which represented the worst case for the
> lock-based Xlib/XCB:
>
> Traditional Xlib:       average 19100000/sec
> Lock-based Xlib/XCB:    average  3350000/sec
> Handoff-based Xlib/XCB: average 17400000/sec

They also remove the locking assertions that caused compatibility
problems for things such as Java versions with incorrectly built
private copies of libXinerama.

(Further details in the commit notes on
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libX11/commit/?id=54e5c0941b0ded1628d559a9f0a3451ea96c299b
)

Seems like we'd want the upcoming libxcb & libX11 releases when
we're actually ready to integrate.

        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com