On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 11:07 PM, Martin Bochnig <martin at martux.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Alan Coopersmith
> <Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com> wrote:
>> Martin Bochnig wrote:
>>> A year back, when the fox-gate was set up, it had been without any
>>> question that SPARC-Xorg would be used for one or more of "Sun's
>>> distros".
>>
>> SPARC Xorg is already in Sun's distros and will continue to be.
>

> I rarely smiled like that: Which hardware does it support?
> Only m64 (unaccellerated with wsfb) and the XVR-2500?
> Also, not on the new post 2002-era hardware platforms, because this
> xserver was not based on Sun's libpciaccess port yet.
> But also not on most old PCI-bridges, because for this to work you
> would have been required to follow my recommendations ("magic flags"
> for sparcPci.c).
> Come on, Xorg in SXCE and Solaris 10 is not very useful right now, not
> for running it as server.
> It will only work on the Ultra5 and Ultra10 pci-bridge and only
> unaccellerated with m64.
> Show me a box where you can bring up the shipping Xorg with a
> XVR-2500, I would be interested. Cannot be many scenarios where it
> actually starts up without crashing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xsun

"Xsun server remains the most commonly used for SPARC systems; Xorg
support for SPARC was only added in Solaris 10 8/07, and has very
limited driver support.[1] "

It is hard to understand your corporation's philosophy: Not to use
stuff that has been created only for you, for free:
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/fox/SPARC-Xorg/

Ok, thread really closed now.