On 2008-04-14, at 20:53, Kenneth Kirksey wrote:

On Apr 14, 2008, at 1:36 PM, Krzysztof Maj wrote:
just a simple question. I have PDF file inside the Yojimbo. I would like to annotate/rotate it and save it once again into Yojimbo database. How to do it? Now I have to open this file in Preview, do all my changes, save the file to the hard disk and import this file once again into Yojimbo. Now I have duplicate and I need to delete the old one file from the Yojimbo database. Even if I use Print- >Save as PDF in Yojimbo" option from the Preview I will get duplicate inside the Yojimbo database.

I think it's irritating process just a bit and take a long time. Maybe someone can suggest something to make it easier?

I ran into the same issue, and I came up with a very simple solution: don't use Yojimbo to store PDFs that you want edit or annotate. That's not what Yojimbo was designed for.

I've been using Leap

<http://www.ironicsoftware.com/leap/index.html>

for storing PDFs I want to edit and have been very happy with it. As a bonus, Leap also acts like Yojimbo for all my files that won't or shouldn't go into Yojimbo.

So does it mean that you can also store quick notes and images in it? What kind of database it uses? You know it like to find the best app for your needs, but I don't want to have four apps for four simple tasks ;-) For me this app looks like perfect solution, but only for PDFs right?

Leap is expensive ($59) but worth it in my book. If you don't want to spend that much money, look at Yep ($39):

<http://www.ironicsoftware.com/yep/index.html>

It just works with PDFs.

Hope that helps.

Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's workingcorrectly? Please send mail to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>