Have you asked every user of Zetacomponents whether or not they use
Ant? Where are the emails and replies for that?

This is an open source project in an open source world housed at an
open source organisation. You cannot oppose volunteers scratching
their own itch. If jerome wants to provide an Ant alternative I
do not see the harm.

If Jerome then wants to replace Make with Ant then that is another matter
but still something that 'you' personally cannot oppose, that is a decision
for the Podling PMC or the Incubator PMC, no one person has power here
and the sooner folks realise this the sooner you might start attracting
those
new committers your board report said you needed.

Gav...