> Sorry, but looking again at the RMP page, I see that the chassis I
> recommended is actually different than the one we have.  I can't find
> this chassis only online, but here's what we bought:
>
> http://www.siliconmechanics.com/i10561/intel-storage-server.php?cat=625
That is such a cool looking case!

> From their picture gallery, you can't see the back, but it has space
> for 3.5" drives in the back.  You can put hot swap trays back there
> for your OS drives.  The guys at Silicon Mechanics are great, so you
> could probably call them to ask who makes this chassis.  They may also
> be able to build you a partial system, if you like.
An excellent suggestion, but after configuring the nServ K501 (because I
want quad-core AMD) the way I want it, there price is almost exactly the
same a my thrifty-shopper price, unlike RackMountPro which seems to add
about 20% overhead - so I'll probably order the whole system from them,
sans the Host Bus Adapter, as I'll use the SUN card Richard suggested

Thanks!
Kent