> : > Big talk from someone who seems so intent on hiding
> : > their credentials.
>
> : Say, what?  Not that credentials mean much to me since I evaluate people
> : on their actual merit, but I've not been shy about who I am (when I
> : responded 'can you guess?' in registering after giving billtodd as my
> : member name I was being facetious).
>
> You're using a web-based interface to a mailing list and the 'billtodd'
> bit doesn't appear to any users (such as me) subscribed via that
> mechanism.

Then perhaps Sun should make more of a point of this in their Web-based
registration procedure.

  So yes, 'can you guess?' is unhelpful and makes you look as if
> you're being deliberately unhelpful.

Appearances can be deceiving, in large part because they're so subjective.
That's why sensible people dig beneath them before forming any significant
impressions.

> : If you're still referring to your incompetent alleged research, [...]
> : [...] right out of the
> : same orifice from which you've pulled the rest of your crap.
>
> It's language like that that is causing the problem.

No, it's ignorant loudmouths like cook and al who are causing the problem:  I'm
simply responding to them as I see fit.

  IMHO you're being a
> tad rude.

I'm being rude as hell to people who truly earned it, and intend to continue
until they shape up or shut up.  So if you feel that there's a problem here
that you'd like to help fix, I suggest that you try tackling it at its source.

- bill