(Can we
> declare this thread
> dead already?)

Many have already tried, but it seems to have a great deal of staying power.
You, for example, have just contributed to its continued vitality.

> Others seem to care.
>
> > *identical* to offer *comparable* value (i.e., they
> each have
> > different strengths and weaknesses and the net
> result yields no clear
> > winner - much as some of you would like to believe
> otherwise).
>
> Interoperability counts for a lot for some people.

Then you'd better work harder on resolving the licensing issues with Linux.

>  Fewer filesystems to
> earn about can count too.

And since ZFS differs significantly from its more conventional competitors,
that's something of an impediment to acceptance.

> ZFS provides peace of mind that you tell us doesn't
> matter.

Sure it matters, if it gives that to you:  just don't pretend that it's of any
*objective* significance, because *that* requires actual quantification.

  And it's
> actively developed and you and everyone else can see
> that this is so,

Sort of like ext2/3/4, and XFS/JFS (though the latter have the advantage of
already being very mature, hence need somewhat less 'active' development).

> and that recent ZFS improvements and others that are
> in the pipe (and
> discussed publicly) are very good improvements, which
> all portends an
> even better future for ZFS down the line.

Hey, it could even become a leadership product someday.  Or not - time will
tell.

> Whatever you do not like about ZFS today may be fixed
> tomorrow,

There'd be more hope for that if its developers and users seemed less obtuse.

 except
> for the parts about it being ZFS, opensource,
> Sun-developed, ..., the
> parts that really seem to bother you.

Specific citations of material that I've posted that gave you that impression
would be useful:  otherwise, you just look like another self-professed psychic
(is this a general characteristic of Sun worshipers, or just of ZFS fanboys?).

- bill