On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, Brian Hechinger wrote:

>> how long the scrub takes.  My pool is set to be scrubbed every night
>> via a cron job:
>
> And like all other things of this nature, the more often you do it, the
> less invasive it will be as there is less to do.  That being said, I still
> wouldn't recommend hourly scrubs. ;)

Unless things are quite broken, why would there be less to do?  It
seems that the amount of work to do depends on the amount of data
stored (and data transfer rate) since the scrub's task is to read all
of the data and make sure that it is consistent.

If my math is right, it seems that scrub on my drive array proceeds at
about 15.2GB/minute (259MB/second).  It would be interesting to see
what typical scrub rates are for various scenarios.

Bob