Using ZFS to mirror two hardware RAID-5 LUNs is actually quite nice.
Because the data is mirrored at the ZFS level, you get all the benefits
of self-healing.  Moreover, you can survive a great variety of hardware
failures: three or more disks can die (one in the first array, two or
more in the second), failure of a cable, or failure of an entire array.

Jeff