> I think that if you notice the common thread; those who run SPARC's
> are having performance issues vs. those who are running x86.

I would not say that.  For example, my T1000 with 2GB RAM had fair
performance.  Now that it has 16GB RAM it has improved a lot. :-)

Also, I would not call it "performance issues".  The initial discussion
revolved around performance deltas between SVM/UFS ./. zpool/ZFS
on old Sparc hardware.

> I know
> from my experience, I have a P4 3.2Ghz prescott desktop with 2.5gb
> ram, and a Lenovo t61p laptop with 4gb, both of them have no
> performance issues with zfs; infact, with zfs, the performance has
> gone up.

That is because the I/O paths are an intrinsic bottleneck on such
hardware.  And I think ZFS handles slow I/O paths better (depending
on usage patterns of course).  I have no issues with old hardware,
it's just old. :-)

Regards -- Volker