Hello,
  We have a S10U5 server sharing with zfs sharing up NFS shares.  While using
the nfs mount for a log destination for syslog for 20 or so busy mail servers
we have noticed that the throughput becomes severly degraded shortly.  I have
tried disabling the zil, turning off cache flushing and I have not seen any
changes in performance.  The servers are only pushing about 1MB/s of constant
traffic to the server over nfs of log data.  I think this is due to the cache
being flushed with every nfs commit, I was wondering if any one had any other
suggestions as to what it could be? Thank you.