On 2/10/2009 4:48 PM, Roman V. Shaposhnik wrote:
On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 09:49 +1300, Ian Collins wrote:
These posts do sound like someone who is blaming their parents after
breaking a new toy before reading the instructions.

It looks like there's a serious denial of the fact that "bad things
do happen to even the best of people" on this thread.
No one is denying that that can happen.

However there are many things that were done here that increased the chance (or things that weren't done that could have decreased the chance) of this happenning.

I'm not saying the OP should have known better. Everyone learns from mistakes. I'm just trying to explain to him both why what happenned might have happenned, and what he could have done that might have avoided it.

Is it still possible that something like this could have happenned? sure. Should there be a better way to handle it when it does? you bet!

  -Kyle

Thanks,
Roman.