On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:43:00 PST
Uwe Dippel <udip...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Back to where I started from, with some questions:
> 1. Can the relevant people confirm that drives might turn dead when
> leaving a pool at unfortunate moments? Despite of complete physical
> integrity?

I have not experienced this. I -DID- experience a dead UFS formatted
(usb) drive once when I unplugged it without unmounting it first.
(Shit can happen).. the filesystem was beyond repair. I had to reformat
the drive. Never complaiend though. It -was- my fault ;-)

With ZFS I mirror all my drives.

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
+ http://nagual.nl/ | SunOS sxce snv107 ++