> From: Ragnar Sundblad [mailto:ra...@csc.kth.se]
>
> Rather: ... >=19 would be ... if you don't mind loosing data written
> the ~30 seconds before the crash, you don't have to mirror your log
> device.

If you have a system crash, *and* a failed log device at the same time, this
is an important consideration.  But if you have either a system crash, or a
failed log device, that don't happen at the same time, then your sync writes
are safe, right up to the nanosecond.  Using unmirrored nonvolatile log
device on zpool >= 19.

> I'd say, that "In zpool version 19 or greater, it is recommended not to
> mirror log devices." is not a very good advice and should be changed.

See above.  Still disagree?

If desired, I could clarify the statement, by basically pasting what's
written above.