I'm still trying to find a fix/workaround for the problem described in

        Unable to mount root pool dataset
        http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=492460

Since the Blade 1500's rpool is mirrored, I've decided to detach the
second half of the mirror, relabel the disk, create an alternative rpool
(rpool2) there, copy the current BE (snv_134) using beadm create -p
rpool2 snv_be-pkg143, activate the new BE and boot from the second disk.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work: the kernel panics with

        Can not read the pool label from <device>
        spa_import_rootpool: Error 5

I've booted under kmdb, set a breakpoint in zfs`zfs_mountroot, and found
that this happens because

                zfs_devid = spa_get_bootprop("diskdevid");

returns NULL.  I've no idea how/why this can happen, and found no code
in the OpenSolaris sources that sets diskdevid for SPARC, so I must
assume that this is directly from OBP (there's only some code in Grub,
which of course is irrelevant here).

Any suggestions what can cause this or what I'm doing wrong?

There's a second machine suffering from the same problem (a Sun Fire
V880 serving as fileserver for the GCC-on-Solaris project), so it would
be extremely valuable to get this fixed/worked around.

Thanks.
        Rainer