Hi Cindy,

> I haven't seen this in a while but I wonder if you just need to set the
> bootfs property on your new root pool and/or reapplying the bootblocks.
>
> Can you import this pool booting from a LiveCD and to review the
> bootfs property value? I would also install the boot blocks on the
> rpool2 disk.
>
> I would also check the grub entries in /rpool2/boot/grub/menu.lst.

I've now repeated everything with snv_151a and it worked out of the box
on the Sun Fire V880, and (on second try) also on my Blade 1500: it
seems the first time round I had the devalias for the second IDE disk
wrong:

/p...@1e,600000/i...@d/d...@0,1 instead of /p...@1e,600000/i...@d/d...@1,0

I'm now happyling running snv_151a on both machines (and still using
Xsun on the Blade 1500, so still usable as a desktop :-)

        Rainer