David,
On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 10:14 AM, David Adams via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Hey, I'm fine that 4D does whatever it wants in C_OBJECTs however they want
> to. Their program, their rules. What I was responding to was Kirk's point
> about JSON per se. If you want to use JSON as an interchange format, we
> don't have a complete set of tools natively in the 4D language. JSON is
> normally treated as a tree (well, it is a tree) that you can parse and
> navigate. In 4D, you can do this using NTK.

​At the risk of appearing really dense what are the specific things you can
do with NTK that you can't do with native 4D? I use them both and I just
don't get what you are referring to. There are differences in the way they
provide access but I don't see how that results in a limit to what you can
do.

And like I said currently you can use native 4D tools to parse a c-obj and
make a change to a single key of a nested obj and the parent object is
updated (anyone joining in here should probably read the other thread for
the details). This is because of the object referencing we talked about in
the other thread. NTK doesn't support that right now so you can't do it.
Personally I find that really useful.

Can you give me an example of the kind of situation you're talking about?​

--
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*