First, let me say I wasn’t knocking 4D but answering the question Kirk Brooks
asked: "At the risk of appearing really dense what are the specific things you
can
do with NTK that you can't do with native 4D?”.  My answer is that JSON isn’t
fully supported and I gave an example, so I’m not sure what the fuss is about.

It seems to me JSON could be natively supported and the new collection type
appears to be getting 4D closer to native tools for JSON. This is a good thing,
IMHO.

I’ve been out of the 4D development game for a few years now but I still use 4D
on a regular basis. I would love to see native JSON commands in 4D but I’ve
rolled my own parser and key/value storage. This has worked quite well for me
but if 4D provided native tools, I would switch to those in a heartbeat.

Perhaps turning this around, might be more enlightening: How many people would
be interested in downloading a JSON parser if I uploaded it to github?

Rick Hazey
Octet Industries, LLC
r...@octethosting.net <mailto:r...@octethosting.net>
WWKD?