Thanks Jim. I will take a look at the component. It looks interesting.

I was aware if the blog entry, but my point in that regard is why. It’s great
that the developer can create their own user interface, but shouldn’t 4D Write
Pro have a built in user interface? At least that is what I expected. Will it
have an interface in the future? Perhaps they are waiting until they get the
feature set nailed down before implementing one.

One of the main issues I am having with it is how it inserts images. Besides
the background sizing issue I previously mentioned, there is no way to place an
image behind the text as you could in 4D write. The only choice for this is as
a background which places the image either full screen, pinned, or mosaic. I
cannot put it behind the text and move it around to a desired position behind
the text. For the client I want to upgrade to 4D Write Pro, this is a show
stopper.

In it’s current state it looks like I am forced to stick with 4D Write.

John

> On Oct 16, 2017, at 6:23 AM, Jim Hays via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> You could try this component, or the 4D blog entry:
>
> http://dddd.mettre.de/wp/the-real-estate-blues/#english
>
> http://blog.4d.com/create-your-own-interface-for-4d-write-pro/
>

> We will be digging into 4D Write Pro soon - our app is dependent on the old
> 4D Write now.
>
> Jim
>
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 3:28 AM, Paul Dennis via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
>> We use it but only for creating templates not as a real wp. It works but
>> its
>> a mess. The html is only usable with write pro so what is the point ? Would
>> have been much better off integrating libreoffice open document format.
>> Paul
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html
>> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)