I will add my 2 cents worth here too. I agree with Jeff.

As a previous post noted a big cause of this problem was Apple. They forced
change on us, and on 4D. I was involved in an industry where each month brought
new requirements that were forced upon us by various governments that we had to
implement and show in testing that we conformed. Now that was a real juggling
act with all that was going on with 4D, Microsoft, and Apple in a high pressure
game. We were doing it, and there were few that were and they had some industry
giant tools.

I really appreciate where 4D is heading with their product line. A lot of good
stuff has come out in the 4 years I was able to sit on the sideline.
Fortunately for me I could, and am ramping up again and my hope is that this
will meld with a maturing of all the new products that 4D is working on. Of
course I also hope that Microsoft and Apple will not upset the ‘Apple Cart’ yet
again.

This discussion is not new in the 4D world. In the years since version 2.0.10
(was that 1988?) that I started with 4D I have tried out other tools to met
various needs. As it turns out we eventually left most of those tools as they
too could not manage the juggling act of revenue - Apple - Windows - 32 to
64bit etc.

I understand and feel the pain of all involved including those at 4D.
Technology is a much different world than raising milking goats, fruit, and
dogs that I spend much of my time in now.

Jody