4D has studied how the classic 4D View plugin has beeb used in various
applications,
and found that there were essentially two distinct usages; "as a list" and "as
a spreadsheet".

based on that understanding,
two different paths have been defined to carry on the 4D View legacy:

1. a set of privileged features for the listbox object (variable line height,
embedded controls, etc) and
2. a modern spreadsheet application with the capability to open existing 4D
View documents.

the 2 are completely unrelated features,
except for the fact that they both require 4D View licenses to unlock.
you could say that 4D View has been split into 2 products.

to use the new 4D View area which is a spreadsheet,
you would typically import existing 4D View documents, or
create new document via the UI and store them as a object or export in Excel
format.

it does not replace the list type 4D View Pro features,
rather, the 2 features compliments each other.