> On Jun 28, 2018, at 5:55 PM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> The free tier will give you a chance to see what your actual charges would
> be. Basically you are paying a small amount to store the data, basically
> zero to upload it and are charged when you download it. I'm not sure what
> the exact specifics are for development vs. first year free. I got my stuff
> up and running in a few weeks so I didn't worry about it.

        Actually I don’t think there is a development anything. The S3 Free
Tier is 5gb of standard storage, 20,000 Get Requests, and 2,000 Put
Requests/month for 1 year. Perfect for me during development.

> One tip - and I think Bruno says this to in his docs - setup a
> 'development' bucket to use for testing.

        I am not following you. Watching Bruno’s demo it looked like one could
have as many buckets as needed under 1 account. Isn’t it the total usage across
all of you buckets?

> I will caution you on another point - create a new Amazon account for your
> AWS work. I, and others, have blithely registered with our personal Amazon
> id, which is very easy to do, only to find that we can't transfer the
> working configuration later on. So start a new Amazon account, or do it in
> your business name, because if you eventually want to transfer it to a
> customer you essentially have to give the Amazon account to them. At least
> that's the way it looked to me. Things may have changed in the last year or
> so.

        Again, not quite following. I thought I could set up my account, using
a new or my existing Amazon account. Then when I had 4D ready to deploy, have
my client create their own account and set it up to work with what I had done
in 4D. Not sure why in my case I would need to transfer my account to my
client. Also by creating a new account to use on the site, we could make use of
another Free S3 Tier. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

John