DIALOG is quite capable of handling input / output forms, as long as you have
activated the "make fields enterable in dialog" compatibility setting (since
v2004).

there is no need to use F. SET INPUT or F. SET OUTPUT.

a list type subform or selection based listbox have their own input form
defined in their property list, which is independent of the current input form
(F. Get input). what is more, you can always FILTER EVENT the On Double Clicked
event and do something else.

for example, you can have a 5 page dialog (=project form) with a list type
subform or listbox on page 1.

the double click event could switch to pages 2, 3, 4, or 5 depending on the
context by filtering the event and issuing a F. GOTO PAGE.

the current page is effective your current input form.