Hi Jim,

Have you tried MODIFY SELECTION instead of MODIFY RECORD?
Set the table in read only mode, make sure only the requested record is in the
current selection and then open the record using MODIFY SELECTION. Without the.
optional * parameters, this command should open it immediately in the input
form for a one record selection.
If I remember correctly, no lock alert will be shown.

Otherwise you might try to use an error handler to get rid of the alert.

If a field is set to focusable but not enterable, the user can't edit the
content, but will be able to select and copy.

HTH
Koen

> Op 6 feb. 2019, om 22:31 heeft Jim Crate via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> het volgende geschreven:
>
> If I set the table to read only before loading the record, MODIFY RECORD just
> shows an alert complaining that the record is locked, and doesn’t show the
> input form. So I set the form fields to be not enterable, but while text can
> be selected, it can’t be copied.

Compass bvba
Koen Van Hooreweghe
Kloosterstraat 65