From: 4D_Tech <4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com> On Behalf Of Kirk Brooks via
4D_Tech
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2019 10:48 AM
To: 4D iNug Technical <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
Cc: Kirk Brooks <lists.k...@gmail.com>
Subject: Set Time question

Hi List,
I have never used Set timer very much so I've got a noobie question. I'm adding
some real-time updating code to financial forms: think Invoices, Billing
Account summaries. that sort of thing. An invoice is the most obvious - User A
has a form open that displays the invoice details (total amount, balance due).
I want to update the balance due when a new payment is applied which could be
from anywhere in the system. I have the code for all that worked out the issue
is managing displaying the balance due part.

Set timer is one solution. Every couple of seconds the form can simply reload
the invoice details. The issue is the interruption to the user if they are
doing something else on the form. Like entering data in a field or variable. Is
there a way to trap use actions like that so I can block the On timer code from
running?

What can be said, can be said clearly,
and what you can’t say, you should shut up about

*Wittgenstein and the Computer *