On 14 Feb 2019, at 10:18 pm, Arnaud de Montard via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

>> Le 10 févr. 2019 à 18:41, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> a
>> écrit :
>>
>> Just to add a little more to this.
>
> Me too, forgot to mention CALL FORM: has a message queue, can receive
> parameters, can call its own window, allows to execute almost any method in
> the context of the form… In a recent 4d training, someone told me he had
> replaced a lot of "On timer" old code with it.

True, but sometimes you may need to still use On Timer since CALL FORM doesn't
always execute in a new cycle, i.e. if you make a change which needs the form
to be redrawn before the things you want to do with CALL FORM run, you still
need to use On Timer (or POST OUTSIDE CALL) instead as it is possible the CALL
FORM will execute in the current cycle.