I agree - it's easy to cherry-pick examples that are well-suited to ORDA.  The
ORDA engine is definitely fast, but our tests show that the classic commands
are still faster overall.  You just have to write a lot more code.

In my tests in client/server mode (and 4D always demos ORDA in single-user
mode), ORDA is usually about 10x faster than equivalent SQL, but still several
times slower than classic (and OMG 10x faster! .. but we're talking
milliseconds usually). If all you care about is raw speed, then classic 4D is
probably still the fastest... but ORDA is very elegant, and it makes
development easier and fun.

If you get into tokenization vs. strings, then the picture gets muddier... but
once 4D gives us the option to have a text file-based structure then a whole
new world of tools open up for maintaining and refactoring code (with a steep
learning code). Times are changing. 4D is joining the rest of the programming
language world (and not forcing us to rewrite....).

Jeff