Miyako,

Yes, the expression is correctly evaluated and displayed; if it wasn’t, I would
have used a rather stronger word than “infelicity”! Thanks for the explanation
of what’s happening (wrapping).

> On 14 May 2019, at 20:43, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> the expression is properly evaluated and functional without the parentheses.
>
> it is a display issue in the WYSIWYG editor,
> where the formula is too long to fit in the field and wrapped after the minus
> sign.
>
> i.e.
>
> -Form.aaaa.aaaaa.aaaaaa
>
> becomes
>
> -
> Form.aaaa.aaaaa.aaaaaa
>
> you can confirm by extending the height.
> parentheses won't solve it.
>
> by contrast, this does't wrap:
>
> Form.aaaa.aaaaa.aaaaaa*-1
>
> 2 - try: -(Form.lastQ.outputVAT) or (-1 * Form.lastQ.outputVAT)

Chip, I agree that exit design means close it - it’s because all the design
environment windows disappear that the option is so useful. In all previous
versions of 4D, however, all the design window states were preserved and
re-opened when dropping back into design, as you would expect. It’s a new issue
in v17R4, I think. Try it with whichever version you’re using and you’ll see
what I mean.

Jeremy