The issue with the design windows all closing was fixed in one R version
but it seems to have reappeared. I'm on R5 and it SOMETIMES (randomly) does
this.
I've submitted a bug report (99591).
PB

On Wed, 15 May 2019 at 08:37, Jeremy Roussak via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Miyako,
>
> Yes, the expression is correctly evaluated and displayed; if it wasn’t, I
> would have used a rather stronger word than “infelicity”! Thanks for the
> explanation of what’s happening (wrapping).
>
> > On 14 May 2019, at 20:43, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
> >
> > the expression is properly evaluated and functional without the
> parentheses.
> >
> > it is a display issue in the WYSIWYG editor,
> > where the formula is too long to fit in the field and wrapped after the
> minus sign.
> >
> > i.e.
> >
> > -Form.aaaa.aaaaa.aaaaaa
> >
> > becomes
> >
> > -
> > Form.aaaa.aaaaa.aaaaaa
> >
> > you can confirm by extending the height.
> > parentheses won't solve it.
> >
> > by contrast, this does't wrap:
> >
> > Form.aaaa.aaaaa.aaaaaa*-1
> >
> > 2 - try: -(Form.lastQ.outputVAT) or (-1 * Form.lastQ.outputVAT)
>

> Chip, I agree that exit design means close it - it’s because all the
> design environment windows disappear that the option is so useful. In all
> previous versions of 4D, however, all the design window states were
> preserved and re-opened when dropping back into design, as you would
> expect. It’s a new issue in v17R4, I think. Try it with whichever version
> you’re using and you’ll see what I mean.
>
> Jeremy
>
> > On 14 May 2019, at 20:33, Chip Scheide <4d_o...@pghrepository.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Not using v17(anything) ... but
> >
> > 1 - exit design when going into application environment
> > to me means close it up. I would try turning this off

CatBase - Top Dog in Data Publishing
tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889
w: http://www.catbase.com
skype: pat.bensky