Hi Peter,

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish....  A few scenarios I have
done for a few clients...

1) If it's just 4D server they need access to then just port forward the
19812-19814 on the router to the 4D server machine and then install 4D
client (Mac or windows) on the employees home machines and point them to the
WAN IP address at work (or a domain name if you set that up)

2) If they need access to their Mac work desktop I have had great success
with ZeroTier.  The free version allows up to 100 devices in a network.
(Sounds like you only need a few devices so will be all free for you)
ZeroTier is a serverless (to you) virtual network.  You can create separate
networks in zerotier specific to the employees (so each network for my use
has only 2 computers in each network, their home machine and their specific
work machine).  Once ZeroTier is installed on their work machine and their
home machine and they connect to their specific zero tier network, their Mac
shows up in the "browse network" section on their home computer and they can
remote control or connect to file sharing.

- Matt (spiffyguy)

(I am not affiliated with ZeroTier, just use it for a few personal networks
and a number of work clients)

https://www.zerotier.com

--
Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html