On May 1, 2020, at 2:23 PM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 11:14 AM James Crate via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
>> The problem with this approach, as others have mentioned, is that you can
>> no longer use object name prefixes to show/hide/enable/etc groups of form
>> objects.
>>

> Why do you say that?

John was talking about using the form expression as the form object name.

> Here is an example. I created a form with one in input and the object method
> below. The form object name is "some.property.path" and the expression is
> Form.some.property.path.

Suppose you have a section on the form with labels/fields for payment info. You
have a popup with payment type, and fields for credit card, ACH (bank name/acct
number), check, cash. When you choose a payment type, you want to show the
labels/fields for that payment type, and hide any other payment labels/fields.
If you thought far enough ahead to name all your payment fields correctly,
maybe you can make it work. But if your fields aren’t already prefixed properly
so you can do this with wildcards, then you have a lot more messing around to
do.

Jim Crate