On May 1, 2020, at 3:44 PM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> I have not had any great joy attempting to use pop-ups with object
> references. Haven't tried in v18 so maybe it's improved.

In V17, popups work with form object expressions. If you set the expression to
“Form.payment_type”, then when it displays, it selects the appropriate value in
the popup, and choosing an item populates Form.payment_type” with the value. If
you have a static set of options you just enter them in the object properties
and you’re done. If you need a dynamic list it’s also pretty easy to use New
list and OBJECT SET LIST BY REFERENCE.  Much nicer than using popups with
arrays.

> But with respect to changing the names of a few form objects why is that a
> deal? The form objects can be named anything - doesn't matter what the
> field names are.

I know form objects can be named anything. That was entirely my point; if you
use form object names to reference the value, I.e.

> Here is an example. I created a form with one in input and the object method
> below. The form object name is "some.property.path" and the expression is
> Form.some.property.path.

Then you probably can’t use form object names to help manage groups of form
objects.

Jim Crate