this sounds great. often i can't Put files in the rh column
because Put gets cropped. even with acme covering the whole
width of the screen.

can this work with a 3-button mouse, too?

i disagree with Uriel. to paraphrase feynman, why should
you care how other people "abuse" acme.

it's hard to type "| awkscript <script>" in acme for this 
reason. it gets difficult to read even for a 3-line BEGIN/
for-each-line/END script.

alternatively, what if any line after the first scrolls and is executed 
on \n, like sam.

Uriel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

| 
| On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 08:34:14PM -0700, Paul Lalonde wrote:
| > I have a working hack to acme that now lets me use the scroll wheel  
| > to expand the tag to multiple lines and collapse it again.  It seems  
| > to have no nasty interactions with the feature set I use.  Moving a  
| > window into a slot shorter than the tag shortens the tag to fit.  One  
| > line of the body tries to always show, except when windows are  
| > collapsed.  Dragging the tag text continues to work.
| > 
| > Does anyone else want it?  How do I submit the patch?  It's  
| > substantially smaller than I expected.
| Very cool; please, could you put it in sources/contrib? 
| 
| See: http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/How_to_contribute/
| 
| (I think patch/saved overlaps too much with sources/contrib but either
| should be OK)
|  
| > Should I also allow carriage returns in the tag text now?
| This might be confusing because IMHO the main purpose for a multi line
| tag is to accommodate longer paths and I don't see much use for explicit
| new lines, also opens it to abuse as scratch space for big chunks of
| stuff where a guide file should be used instead.
| 
| BTW, anyone knows if there is a way to snarf the path from a tag without
| making the window 'dirty'? The usual mouse chording idiom that works for
| the body seems to fail in the tag, and not even Undo helps after that.
| 
| uriel

Reply via email to