No, you don't have to close your ears, I'll scream quietly, I promise. :-)

While I used to love my Thunderbird email program, I started looking
through the folders tonight. It's been a few days since I really checked
to see what I've received.  I don't have a clue about what the program
is doing/has done. Several emails I have multiple copies for, some as
many as five; the filters work when they want to, and aren't even
unchecking as they used to when there was a problem.

I spent at least 15 minutes again today deleting emails from Gmail
online because either it or Tbird or both can't receive/send the message
that messages have been deleted - so when Tbird picks up, the messages
are still in Gmail (we decided once that it was probably dial-ups fault
- and I have POP3).

I have, while Tbird was off, gone in under Windows Explorer and looked
at the data folders - there are folders and emails in there that I
deleted ages ago, from all 3 of the accounts that I get.

You all know how I feel about not being able to automatically sort the
filters.  HP's diagnostics says my hard drive passes all the tests.

I scan regularly with my avast!, and ran the online scanner with bit
defender a couple of days ago, and both report that I am clean. Getting
ready to run bd again, because avast!'s daily run says I'm fine.

I loved Eudora. For a long while Tbird was a great replacement.  (I'm
running Windows 7 Home, by the way.)  I get 2-400 emails a day.

I love that Thunderbird is non-Microsoft. I like the ease of
transferring and adding and subtracting folders.  I like the relative
ease of backing up my filters and data. I wanted/want something that's
actually being worked on, for support.

Any suggestions for replacement?  I would definitely appreciate them.  I
have several folders, and definitely some "to keep" emails, so I don't
feel I can just try programs randomly.

I want something reliable, not Microsoft, where I can sort filters
automatically, it won't lose emails, backs up at least decently well,
can handle several accounts (at least 3) with many emails a day, and
sorts/filters like it's supposed to.  I suppose I'm looking for a dream
program?

Thanks
Theresa

Thank you for using A-1 Computer TechYahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: