Donk, I'm responding to you on the site because I can't respond from my gmail
account.

To recap the situation, we were in the process of opening in Safe Mode to see
if the Program list was available from there.  I had asked how to open in Safe
Mode and you responded to hit F8 until it opened.  Then you responded about
accessing from the Accessories folder which I couldn't do because I didn't have
the list.

Okay, this morning when I opened my computer I had the message asking if I
wanted to open in Safe Mode or go to Restore.  I decided to go Safe Mode to see
if the list was there and it was.  Then I went to restore from accessories on
the list and restored back to June 4.  The computer closed and then opened and,
after a considerable wait, the list appeared.  Happy Day.  Okay, I started to
do my usual and opened Firefox to check my gmail accounts and everything was
super slow (actually it's been that way for a couple of days)and although I
finally opened gmail and looked at my messages I haven't been able to reply.
It says "Loading rich text" and shows Loading but nothing happens.  I'm able to
open my forums but can't reply to emails.

I've been aware that I probably need more Ram since I currently have 2G and my
computer will take 4G.  Also my sound card is failing or has failed.  If I
could remember how to open the box I could probably take care of this but in
the meantime I don't really want to be without the computer for any length of
time.  Sorry this is so long.  I'm running XP and that's the reason I'm hanging
on because so many of my programs won't run with the newer Windows versions.  I
usually get a new computer built every five years and it's at least six now.

Okay, I have Trend Micro on my computer and a Spy program and the scans don't
show anything wrong but do you think it's some failing on the computer itself

Holly

Thank you for using A-1 Computer TechYahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: