Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Scribe guidelines

I would mostly reiterate what others have already mentioned.

1. there should be a video recording provision for all candidates whether
blind or not. Once all the candidates know that a video could be examined
anytime, they would stop cheating. Such videos should be examined randomly
to find if any candidate is cheating.
2. the additional time is very less. Many international examination bodies
provide 100 percent additional time.
3. once we consider suggestion 1, qualification of scribes becomes
irrelevant.
4. regarding computer and Braille exam, many examination bodies may not have
budget to provides these formats. Remember braille paper is not just about
purchasing printer, a braille paper must also be examined for accuracy. Same
is the case for electronic format. Someone could paste an image or
inaccessible equation in a word document. So these documents should be
verified for accessibility. The whole process needs to be centralized. Also
remember, even if once paper is leaked during making it accessible, the
entire process would be blamed and we would suffer a big setback. Besides,
all examination bodies are not as big as UPSC.
5. So we need to setup accessible examination provider that could help many
examination bodies. Such a provider could be part of Ministry of social
justice. This provider could also ensure quality of question papers.

Regards
Dinesh