And have you tried booting the server with the USB drive formatted as a
system drive? So far, your original statement has not been proven, and if
the server boots properly with that USB drive formatted in a bootable
fashion, then your original statement is actually *disproven*. Also, I don't
know if you actually read the entire article that Susan provided (I'm not
accusing you of not having read it, mind you), but if you haven't, you'll
definitely want to. Based on the information there, I'd find it more likely
than not that your particular DL 380s are capable of booting from USB
devices.

Laura

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx