I usually use ulead dvd workshop for my dvd authoring and if I just want
a simple stereo mpeg2 file, I would use MainConcept's MPEG encoder which
is $50 for Premiere 6.5 and Pro users
(http://esd.element5.com/product.html?cart=1&productid=507325&languageid
=1&stylefrom=500722&backlink=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mainconcept.com%2Fproducts
.shtml&noquickbuy=1&currencies=all)

Or $149 for everyone else - downloaded version (I haven't seen the
difference there)

You can also download a demo version to test it out.

Ulead DVD workshop also have demo versions (www.ulead.com) and express
version which is I think $200 cheaper. 

Or you can try Adobe Encore, which has a good program as well.

Johnny Wu





 
 
================================== 
Media Design Imaging 
innovates and break the molds of visual creation
http://www.mdifilm.com 
216.373.3278 
 
President (2004 & 2005) 
Organization of Chinese American of Greater Cleveland 
OCAGC 
http://www.ocagc.org 
 
Wu Jia Quan Shu (Art of Wu Family System) 
2800 years old Family Style Martial Arts 
http://www.wujiaquan.com 
 
 


-----Original Message-----
From: Jean Chang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 9:11 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AP] AVI-to-DVD Authoring



I have the same problem. I just upgraded from Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator
version 6 to the new Roxio Easy Media Creator version 7. When I try to
preview the DVD before burning it, the movie looks all "jerky" and
"blocky" (those ARE technical terms, right?)  :)  Anyway, has anyone
found a reasonably priced DVD authoring program that will give good
quality? I know, I'm probably expecting too much, you get what you pay
for, etc., but since this is only a hobby for me, I don't want to spend
a fortune. I guess I could just go back to the old version 6, but I was
having a few glitches with that one too. Also, any feedback on Nero vs
Roxio for authoring? It's frustrating when I finally get what for me is
a "great" movie, only to have the quality be so poor when I author it
for DVD. Thanks! Jean
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Amit Dogra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 2:49 AM
Subject: [AP] AVI-to-DVD Authoring


>
> I have a 1.3GB AVI file which i'm trying to Author for a DVD. I'm 
> using
Win AVI Converter but it reduces the quality and size of the authored
files to a great extent(655MB). I'm not sure if Win AVI Converter is the
right option for doing this conversion.
>
> Is there any good DVD authoring software which retains the quality of 
> the
input file.
>
> Thanks
> Amit
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
>  Send holiday email and support a worthy cause. Do good.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 






 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to