----- Original Message ----- 
  From: camom2boys 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 3:11 PM
  Subject: [AP] help :How to burn directly to DVD



  Hello everyone. I'm hoping someone might know how to do this. I have 
  old analog Hi8 tapes that I would like to burn directly to DVD for 
  storage purpose(no menus or chapters). I want to avoid if possible 
  capturing this to my hard drive for now.  Thanks for your help and 
  suggestions 

  I have a Matrox RTX100 turnkey system.
  P4 2.6
  1024gb ram
  Software I have:
  Encore 1.5
  Premiere Pro 1.5
  Poineer A05 DVD burner

  ----I dont know why you want to avoid capturing to your hard drive, but this 
can be done several ways...\

  1) Use a digital camcorder as a "pass-through analog to digital converter" by 
connecting your Hi8 to the A-V inputs of your digital camcorder and run the 
digital camcorder in VCR mode.

  2) Use a hardware analog to digital converter like the ADS Pyro AV Link or 
the Canopus ADVC-100.

  I do not think that your software offers direct to disk, because it is 
primarily designed for use by EDITORS....I have Encore and I haven't seen this 
option in the program anywhere.
  Other software programs like Ulead DO offer direct-to-disk capture but I dont 
know enough about the Matrox RTX100 card to know its MPEG capture capabilities 
but I suspect that it has enough processing power to do the capture quite well. 
I do know of a few Matrox owners here in the group who can probably tell you 
for sure if it will work.

  But after all is said and done there really is no reason why you cannot save 
to your drive unless you are so low on space that it wont fit.

  JeffH
  Ch.S.
  ----------

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 266.5.2 - Release Date: 2/28/2005


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to