-----Original Message-----
From: Unmoderated discussion of advanced .NET topics.
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeroen
Frijters
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 3:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ADVANCED-DOTNET] .NET vs Windows SP versioning?

Shawn A. Van Ness wrote:
> Two simple questions for which I should know the answer, but don't:
>
> Does XP SP2 include the .NET framework?  If so, what
> version(s)?  Does it include any bits from the upcoming
> .NET service packs [1]?

I can't give any authoritive answers, but I have the following data
points:

- It does *not* contain any 1.1 bits
- It contains updates for the 1.0 bits (1.0.3705.6018)
- A slipstream install of Windows XP SP2 does *not* install the
framework

Regards,
Jeroen