Well, they could have  complained about a Net Neutrality violation, but that’s
history.  Maybe they could complain you didn’t offer them a 24 hour battery
backup option for their VoIP.  Or that you weren’t transparent enough, but
Steve is nothing if not transparent.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Lewis Bergman
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 3:57 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Consumer FCC complaint

I wouldn't think they have a right to file a formal complaint. No regulation,
nothing to hold you in violation of.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019, 12:17 PM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com
<mailto:af...@kwisp.com> > wrote:

Informal or formal complaint?  Informal complaint basically the FCC forwards to
the ISP who sends a response to the customer with a copy to the FCC at which
point the FCC feels their job is done.  So if you have already sent them a
response, a complaint may just get them another copy of it.

Now, if they really want to file a formal complaint:

Complaints filed through the Consumer Complaint Center are categorized as
"informal" complaints. There is no fee for filing an informal complaint.

If you are not satisfied with the response to your informal complaint, you can
file a "formal" complaint. Your formal complaint must be filed within six
months of the date of the response to your informal complaint. The current fee
for filing a formal complaint is $235.00, but it is subject to change.

Formal complaint proceedings are similar to court proceedings. Each party must
comply with specific procedural rules, appear before the FCC and file documents
that address legal issues. Parties filing formal complaints usually are
represented by lawyers or experts in communications law and the FCC's
procedural rules. No attorneys fees may be awarded.

Complete information on how to file formal complaints can be found in sections
1.720 through 1.740 of the FCC's rules, located at 47 C.F.R. §§ 1.720 – 1.740.