25.5 dBm xmt power at 4096QAM is pretty impressive.  I remember several years
ago some talk of chipsets would use some sort of predistortion technique to
cancel out the distortion in the power amp, is that what is going on in these
radios?  I don’t remember who the chip vendor was.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Adair Winter
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:15 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Licensed radios

and we found that the WTM4200 has 5.5db more system gain then the SIAE AP2 at
4096QAM which had better system gain then some of the other radios on the
market.

SIAE questions if Aviat is reporting correct numbers but I don't think they are
incorrect either....

Even if Aviat's numbers are a bit exaggerated and there was only a 3db
difference that's still a whole antennas size!

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 12:12 PM Tim Hardy <thardy...@gmail.com