From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Josh Baird
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 7:55 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Fiber Up Tower

I'm not following these requirements for the 450M.

The 450M @ 5ghz uses ~80W peak (if you aren't using the AUX port).  This is
about 1.6A @ 48V.

12AWG cable with 56V at 250ft has a voltage drop of ~2.8% resulting in 54.5V at
the top of the tower.  The 450M should run just fine at 54.5V according to the
spec sheet.

Obviously, the 3ghz 450M requires much more power, but still should be fine
using 12AWG @ 250ft.

What am I missing?

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 6:24 PM dave via AF <af@af.afmug.com