From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of James Howard
Sent: Friday, December 4, 2020 1:59 PM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] I QUIT! jk

Funny sometimes how people say something like that out of frustration and then
try to backtrack.  I’m on the board of a small non-profit and about 10 years
ago just months after I joined, the current president sent out an email to the
whole board stating “I am resigning as president effective immediately”.  I
contacted the other officers about what we were going to do (we had a board
meeting scheduled either that night or the next),  we came up with a plan and
all showed up for the meeting expecting that the secretary would fill in since
our VP at the time never came and the president walks in and sits down.  We
asked him why he was even there since he resigned “effective immediately” and
he acted like he never sent it out.  We ended up having to pull out a printout
of his email, read it to him and ask what it meant.  He finally admitted that
he “was planning to resign but not for a while”……….  We did actually let him
stay on as interim president until we appointed someone new about a month later
but it sounds like it was probably a situation similar to what happened with
this.